- IAM-20680HP high performance automotive 6-Axis MotionTracking device for non-safety automotive applications. As the high-performance version of the IAM-20680, it is designed to enhance positioning, telematics and vision systems
- Reliability testing performed according to AEC-Q100 Grade 2 (-40⁰C to 105⁰C)
- IAM-20680HP automotive sensor platform solution includes IAM-20680HP MEMS inertial measurement unit (IMU) sensors and developer kit, all currently available through worldwide distributors
December 2, 2020
TDK Corporation (TSE: 6762) announces worldwide availability of the InvenSense IAM-20680HP high-performance automotive monolithic 6-axis MotionTracking sensor platform for non-safety relevant automotive applications, which includes the IAM-20680HP IMU MEMS sensor and the DK-20680HP developer kit. InvenSense’s IAM-20680HP combines a 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer in a thin 3 x 3 x 0.75mm (16-pin LGA) package and is automotive qualified based on AEC-Q100 Grade 2. The IAM-20680HP shares pin-to-pin and register compatibility with the full automotive non-safety product family from InvenSense: IAM-20680 (6-axis IMU), IAM-20380 (3-axis gyroscope) and IAM-20381 (3-axis accelerometer). It also features an extended FIFO up to 4096-bytes that can lower the traffic on the serial bus interface and reduce power consumption by allowing the system processor to burst read sensor data and then go into low-power mode. In addition, the IAM-20680HP provides industry-leading sensitivity tolerance and temperature stability in combination with proven high robustness by supporting 10,000g shock reliability.
The IAM-20680HP platform is designed to enhance positioning systems accuracy, to enable advanced telematic features and to stabilize vision system by delivering precise and reliable inertial data up to 105°C. It also provides best-in-class low noise performance, on-chip 16-bit ADCs, a 3-axis gyroscope with user-programmable full-scale range of ±250 dps to ±2000 dps, and a 3-axis accelerometer with user-programmable full-scale range of ±2g to ±16g. Other industry-leading features include programmable digital filters, an embedded temperature sensor, programmable interrupts, and factory-calibration of both sensors, ultimately reducing production-line calibration requirements. The device features I2C and SPI serial interfaces and voltage operating range of 1.71V to 3.6V.
“TDK is the only company offering a fully compatible, multi-axis and multi-grade automotive IMU platform of products, designed to meet the increasing customer demand of platform scalability in automotive solutions.” said Alberto Marinoni, Director of Product Marketing, Automotive at InvenSense. “Our unique and diversified portfolio helps customers scale their design from low-end to high-end solutions with minimal engineering effort, reducing R&D costs and accelerating time to market.”
Sensor platform solution:
- IAM-20680HP, with its 6-axis integration, enables manufacturers to eliminate the costly and complex selection, qualification, and system level integration of discrete devices, guaranteeing optimal motion performance.
- IAM-20680HP shares pin-to-pin and register compatibility with the full automotive non-safety product family: IAM-20680, IAM-20380 and IAM-20381.
- Features a single board “Out of the Box” experience, comprehensive software tools to expedite evaluation and development, and on-board embedded developer tools to help with code development.
The InvenSense IAM-20680HP and DK-20680HP developer kit are available from multiple distributors and are part of a fully compatible, multi-axis, multi-grade IMU portfolio of automotive products from TDK. For additional information and collateral, please visit https://invensense.tdk.com/solutions/automotive/ or contact InvenSense Sales at email@example.com.
- IMU: Inertial Measurement Unit
- DK: Developer Kit
- MEMS: Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems
- LGA: Land Grid Array
- FIFO: First in First out
- Aids Navigation Systems for Dead Reckoning
- Insurance Vehicle Tracking
- Accurate Location for Vehicle-to-Vehicle and Infrastructure
- View Camera Stabilization and Vision Systems
- Head-up display (HUD) and Augmented Reality HUD
- Lift Gate Motion Detection
- Car Alarm
Main features and benefits
- Digital-output X-, Y-, and Z-axis angular rate sensors (gyroscopes) with a user-programmable full-scale range of ±250dps, ±500dps, ±1000dps,±2000dps and integrated 16-bit ADCs.
- Digital-output X-, Y-, and Z-axis accelerometer with a programmable full-scale range of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g, ±16g and integrated 16-bit ADCs
- User-programmable digital filters for gyroscope, accelerometer, and temperature sensor
- Embedded self-test
- Wake-on-motion interrupt for low power operation of applications processor
- Reliability testing performed according to AEC–Q100: PPAP and qualification data available upon request
- Final test at -40°C, 25°C, and 105°C
- Burn-in: 100% burn-in in production
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a world leader in electronic solutions for the smart society based in Tokyo, Japan. Built on a foundation of material sciences mastery, TDK welcomes societal transformation by resolutely remaining at the forefront of technological evolution and deliberately “Attracting Tomorrow.” It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK’s comprehensive, innovation-driven portfolio features passive components such as ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, as well as magnetics, high-frequency, and piezo and protection devices. The product spectrum also includes sensors and sensor systems such as temperature and pressure, magnetic, and MEMS sensors. In addition, TDK provides power supplies and energy devices, magnetic heads and more. These products are marketed under the product brands TDK, EPCOS, InvenSense, Micronas, Tronics and TDK-Lambda. TDK focuses on demanding markets in automotive, industrial and consumer electronics, and information and communication technology. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2020, TDK posted total sales of USD 12.5 billion and employed about 107,000 people worldwide.
InvenSense, Inc., a TDK Group company, is a world leading provider of MEMS sensor platforms. InvenSense’s vision of Sensing Everything® targets the consumer electronics and industrial areas with integrated Motion and Sound solutions. InvenSense’s solutions combine MEMS (micro electrical mechanical systems) sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, and microphones with proprietary algorithms and firmware that intelligently process, synthesize, and calibrate the output of sensors, maximizing performance and accuracy. InvenSense’s motion tracking, audio and location platforms, and services can be found in Mobile, Wearables, Smart Home, Industrial, Automotive, and IoT products. In May of 2017, InvenSense became part of the MEMS Sensors Business Group within the newly formed Sensor Systems Business Company of TDK Corporation. InvenSense is headquartered in San Jose, California and has offices worldwide. For more information, go to www.invensense.tdk.com.