- ICM-40627 6-axis IMU with Air Motion Library is a highly precise, ultra-low-power solution dedicated to motion-control applications
- ICM 42688-V 6-axis IMU with Advanced Sensor Fusion Library is the highest performance and lowest noise consumer IMU available
Jan 11, 2021
TDK Corporation (TSE: 6762) announces the availability of the InvenSense ICM-40627 and ICM-42688-V high performance MEMS motion tracking solutions (6-axis IMU + dedicated software library). As a leader in consumer IoT, TDK continues to provide a complete suite of SmartMotion™ sensor solutions for a broad range of consumer and IoT applications. In addition, a comprehensive development platform, the DK-42607 and DK-42688-V, along with necessary software is available to enable quick-to-market development of customer systems.
ICM-40627 is a high precision ultra-low power 6-axis MEMS MotionTracking™ device that combines a 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer in a 2.5mm x 3mm x 0.9mm package. This IMU is dedicated to applications that require accurate pointing and motion control such as smart TV remotes, air mouse, presentation pointers and smart sketching. The ICM-40627 comes bundled with TDK’s rich legacy of Air Motion Library that enables precise mouse pointing, swipe, roll and other motion gestures.
ICM-42688-V is a premium high performance 6-axis MEMS MotionTracking™ device that combines a 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer in a 2.5mm x 3mm x 0.9mm package, dedicated to obtaining high orientation accuracy for AR/VR, robotics, wearables, and other high performance IoT applications. This device is bundled with an Advanced Sensor Fusion library that provides highly accurate sensor fusion output (< 1 degree of error) along with predictive quaternions. Compared to traditional consumer-grade IMUs, the ICM-42688-V based solution provides a 10x enhancement in orientation accuracy for IoT applications that require high degrees of performance. The ICM-42688-V also includes two key innovations not available in any other consumer-grade IMU: a 100% accurate clock that eliminates timing errors and a high-resolution analog-to-digital converter. The converter enables an 8x increase in gyroscope resolution and a 4x increase in accelerometer resolution.
“Time to market is very critical in the world of IoT and TDK continues to deliver complete sensor solutions comprised of high-performance MEMS motion sensors bundled with IoT-specific application libraries,” said Sahil Choudhary, Product Head, Motion Sensors for IoT applications at InvenSense, a TDK Group company. “The ICM-40627 solution enables smart and intuitive motion control for any motion pointing application and the ICM-42688-V provides premium fusion performance for any accurate orientation-based application.”
- 6-axis IMU with Air Motion Library that provides accurate pointing, swipe, roll and motion gestures
- Highly precise, ultra-low-power solution dedicated to motion-control applications
- ICM 42688-V
- 6-axis IMU with Advanced Sensor Fusion Library that provides the highest orientation accuracy (<1 degree)
- Highest performance and lowest noise consumer IMU available (40% lower noise)
- DK-40627 and DK-42688-V:
- Single board “out of the box” experience
- Comprehensive software tools to expedite evaluation and development
- MotionLink™ and embedded motion driver (eMD)
- Dedicated library support: Air-Motion Library and Advanced Sensor Fusion library
- On-board embedded developer tools to help with code development
- 15-minute setup time
The InvenSense ICM-40627 and ICM-42688-V will be available from multiple distributors in February 2021. The associated libraries with each part with a click through license will be available on the TDK website for download. TDK will be demonstrating the ICM-40627 and the ICM-42688-V platforms along with the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of passive components, sensors, power supplies and batteries during the upcoming CES 2021 conference, being held digitally at https://www.ces.tech. For additional information and collateral, please visit https://invensense.tdk.com/products/icm-42688-p/ or contact InvenSense Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MEMS: Micro Electrical Mechanical Systems
- IMU: Inertial Measurement Unit
- AR: Augmented Reality
- VR: Virtual Reality
- HMD: Head Mounted Display
- IoT: Internet of Things
- 6-Axis: 3-Axis Gyroscope + 3-Axis Accelerometer
- High-Accuracy robotics
- Smart TV remotes
- Presentation pointers
- Precision IoT devices – drones, smart watches, wearables
- Motion-based gaming controllers
- High-performance augmented reality/virtual reality/head mounted display (AR/VR/HMD)
Main features and benefits:
- Dedicated library for motion control and pointing: Air Motion Library
- Dedicated library for Advanced Sensor Fusion: Advanced Sensor Fusion library
- Highest-precision Gyro/Accel
- APEX Motion Engine
- 2.5mm x 3mm x 0.9mm package
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a world leader in electronic solutions for the smart society based in Tokyo, Japan. Built on a foundation of material sciences mastery, TDK welcomes societal transformation by resolutely remaining at the forefront of technological evolution and deliberately “Attracting Tomorrow.” It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK’s comprehensive, innovation-driven portfolio features passive components such as ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, as well as magnetics, high-frequency, and piezo and protection devices. The product spectrum also includes sensors and sensor systems such as temperature and pressure, magnetic, and MEMS sensors. In addition, TDK provides power supplies and energy devices, magnetic heads and more. These products are marketed under the product brands TDK, EPCOS, InvenSense, Micronas, Tronics and TDK-Lambda. TDK focuses on demanding markets in automotive, industrial and consumer electronics, and information and communication technology. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2020, TDK posted total sales of USD 12.5 billion and employed about 107,000 people worldwide.
InvenSense, Inc., a TDK Group company, is a world leading provider of MEMS sensor platforms. InvenSense’s vision of Sensing Everything® targets the consumer electronics and industrial areas with integrated Motion and Sound solutions. InvenSense’s solutions combine MEMS (micro electrical mechanical systems) sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, and microphones with proprietary algorithms and firmware that intelligently process, synthesize, and calibrate the output of sensors, maximizing performance and accuracy. InvenSense’s motion tracking, audio and location platforms, and services can be found in Mobile, Wearables, Smart Home, Industrial, Automotive, and IoT products. In May of 2017, InvenSense became part of the MEMS Sensors Business Group within the newly formed Sensor Systems Business Company of TDK Corporation. InvenSense is headquartered in San Jose, California and has offices worldwide. For more information, go to www.invensense.tdk.com.
You can download this text at: