- T5919, a high performance PDM digital MEMS microphone with built in particle ingress filter (PIF) for harsh environments
- T3903, a high performance PDM digital MEMS microphone with very low power and wide dynamic range
- T4086, an analog output MEMS microphone in a tiny 2.75 × 1.85 × 0.9 mm package outline, ideal for very space constrained applications
June 15, 2021
TDK Corporation (TSE: 6762) introduces three new MEMS microphones as part of the SmartSound™ family of products for mobile, IoT and other consumer devices. Each of these high-performance microphones push the boundaries of microphone acoustic performance, providing advanced feature sets with very low power in small package footprints. The SmartSound family of MEMS microphones from TDK are designed for a multitude of applications in a variety of dynamic environments. Our High AOP, high SNR and wide dynamic range microphones are ideal for environments that shift from very quiet to very loud, such as far field voice pickup barge-in for Smart Speaker applications.
T5919, the world’s first PDM digital output microphone with built-in Particle Ingress Filter (PIF):
- The T5919 is a multi-mode, low noise digital MEMS microphone in a small 3.5 × 2.65 × 0.98 mm bottom port package. The PIF filter is embedded in the microphone package, providing protection to particles and moisture. T5919 includes multiple modes of operation: High Quality, Low-Power (AlwaysOn), and Sleep. The T5919 microphone boasts high SNR in all operational modes. The microphone maintains 135 dB SPL AOP in High Quality Mode and 120 dB SPL AOP in Low-Power mode.
T4086, an ultra-small analog output MEMS microphone:
- The T4086 analog microphone is designed to achieve high SNR and AOP at low power in a tiny 2.75 × 1.85 × 0.9 mm bottom port package to support very space constrained applications/devices.
T3903, a very low power wide dynamic range PDM MEMS microphone:
- The low power T3903 enables the transition of microphones from analog output to digital output to support ‘AlwaysOn’ applications in smartphones, tablets, remote controls, smart TVs, Bluetooth headsets, and digital still/video cameras. The T3903 is a multi-mode, low noise, bottom ported MEMS microphone with -37 dBFS sensitivity, 66 dBA SNR and 133dB AOP in a 3.5 × 2.65 × 0.98 mm package.
“TDK continues its commitment to bringing to market a broad portfolio of disruptive, high performance and innovative SmartSound solutions,” said Omar Abed, GM and VP of microphone business unit at InvenSense, a TDK group company. “By applying several new MEMS technological breakthroughs, we developed microphones designed for a multitude of applications in a variety of challenging and dynamic environments, thus enabling our customers to create a differentiated audio experience.”
The TDK T5919, T3903 and T4086 are available from multiple distributors and are part of a fully compatible and multi-grade SmartSound portfolio of microphone products. For samples and additional information, please contact email@example.com or visit https://invensense.tdk.com/smartsound.
- HQM: High Quality Mode
- LPM: Low Power Mode
- AOP: Acoustic Overload Point
- SNR: Signal to Noise Ratio
- SPL: Sound Pressure Level
- Microphone Arrays
- Bluetooth Headsets
- Notebook PCs
- Security and Surveillance
- Compatible with Sn/Pb and Pb-free solder processes
- RoHS/WEEE compliant RoHS/WEEE compliant
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a world leader in electronic solutions for the smart society based in Tokyo, Japan. Built on a foundation of material sciences mastery, TDK welcomes societal transformation by resolutely remaining at the forefront of technological evolution and deliberately “Attracting Tomorrow.” It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK’s comprehensive, innovation-driven portfolio features passive components such as ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, as well as magnetics, high-frequency, and piezo and protection devices. The product spectrum also includes sensors and sensor systems such as temperature and pressure, magnetic, and MEMS sensors. In addition, TDK provides power supplies and energy devices, magnetic heads and more. These products are marketed under the product brands TDK, EPCOS, InvenSense, Micronas, Tronics and TDK-Lambda. TDK focuses on demanding markets in automotive, industrial and consumer electronics, and information and communication technology. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2021, TDK posted total sales of USD 13.3 billion and employed about 129,000 people worldwide.
InvenSense, Inc., a TDK Group company, is a world leading provider of MEMS sensor platforms. InvenSense’s vision of Sensing Everything® targets the consumer electronics and industrial areas with integrated Motion, Sound, and Ultrasonic solutions. InvenSense’s solutions combine MEMS (micro electrical mechanical systems) sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, microphones, and ultrasonic 3D-sensing with proprietary algorithms and firmware that intelligently process, synthesize, and calibrate the output of sensors, maximizing performance and accuracy. InvenSense’s motion tracking, ultrasonic, audio, fingerprint, location platforms and services can be found in Mobile, Wearables, Smart Home, Industrial, Automotive, and IoT products. InvenSense became part of the MEMS Sensors Business Group within the newly formed Sensor Systems Business Company of TDK Corporation in 2017. In February of 2018, Chirp Microsystems joined the InvenSense family through its acquisition by TDK. InvenSense is headquartered in San Jose, California and has offices worldwide. For more information, go to invensense.tdk.com.
You can download this text and associated images from https://invensense.tdk.com/news-media/tdk-launches-3-new-smartsound-mems-microphones
Further information on the products can be found under https://www.invensense.tdk.com/smartsound/