- A family of 3-axis accelerometers and a 6-axis MEMS IMU supplementing the SmartIndustrial™ product line
- IIM-42352 platform, a very low noise and low power 3-axis accelerometer that measures wide range vibration frequencies and enables predictive maintenance of industrial equipment
- IIM-42351 platform, a compact 3-axis accelerometer with very low noise sensors enables precise tilt sensing of industrial assets
- IIM-42652 platform, a compact, low power and low cost 6-axis IMU (accelerometer and gyroscope) with support for extended temperature range enables a range of industrial IoT applications including navigation and stabilization of industrial machinery and robots
January 11, 2021
TDK Corporation (TSE: 6762) launches a new compact and low power InvenSense SmartIndustrial™ sensor platform family. With its support for extended temperature range of -40 to 105C, the new family of 3-axis accelerometers and a 6-axis inertial measurement unit (IMU) targets a wide range of industrial applications. The IIM-42352 and IIM-42351 platforms can measure three dimensions of linear acceleration, while the IIM-42652 platform can measure three dimensions of linear acceleration and three dimensions of rotational rate.
IIM-42352 offers a very low noise and low power 3-axis accelerometer solution that can precisely measure vibrations up to 4Khz. With its ability to measure a wide range of vibration frequencies, IIM-42352 can be used for predictive maintenance of rotating equipment such as pumps, motors, and compressors, enabling customers to predict failures before they happen.
IIM-42351, a very low noise 3-axis accelerometer with support for extended temperature range, is applicable to a wide range of industrial IoT applications. For example, it can be used to measure inclinations of industrial machinery, robotic arms, AGVs, utility poles and cameras.
IIM-42652 is the smallest, most cost effective, and lowest power 6-axis IMU within the SmartIndustrial product line. Apart from delivering precise measurements with its low noise 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer, the IIM-42652 can support up to 105° C operating temperature. This device is suitable for a wide variety of applications including navigation and stabilization of industrial machinery and robots.
“With the introduction of three new industrial motion sensor platforms, TDK continues to expand its SmartIndustrial product line, offering customers a broad choice of performance and cost,” said Uday Mudoi, Director of Industrial Marketing at InvenSense, a TDK Group company. “We also continue to add differentiating features such as ability to accept an external clock input, which improves system-level performance and eliminates timing errors.”
The new platform family delivers:
- Precise measurements enabled by highly accurate and ultra-low noise sensors
- Support for extended temperature range (-40° to 105°C)
- Ability to measure vibrations up to 4Khz
- Support for highly accurate external clock input, that helps reduce system level sensitivity error, improve orientation measurement from gyroscope data, reduce ODR sensitivity to temperature and device-to-device variation
- A comprehensive development and evaluation platform along with necessary software to enable quick-to-market development of customer systems
The IIM-42652, IIM-42352 and IIM-42351 products are available now for select early partners and customers. The products will be available at InvenSense authorized distributors in Q1 2021. TDK will be demonstrating the new family along with the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of passive components, sensors, power supplies and batteries during the upcoming CES 2021 conference, being held digitally at https://www.ces.tech/Conference/CES-Conferences.aspx. For more information on our industrial solutions please visit http://www.invensense.tdk.com/smartindustrial or send queries to email@example.com
- MEMS: Micro Electrical Mechanical Systems
- IoT: Internet of Things
- 6-Axis: 3-Axis Gyroscope + 3-Axis Accelerometer
- IMU: Inertial Measurement Unit
- ODR: Output Data Rate
- Platform stabilization
- Vibration sensing
- Tilt sensing
Main features and benefits
- Low noise
- Low offset and sensitivity variation over temperature
- Low power and compact size
- 3 dB bandwidth up to 4 Khz
- Accepts external clock input
- Operating temperature range of -40º to 105ºC
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a world leader in electronic solutions for the smart society based in Tokyo, Japan. Built on a foundation of material sciences mastery, TDK welcomes societal transformation by resolutely remaining at the forefront of technological evolution and deliberately “Attracting Tomorrow.” It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK’s comprehensive, innovation-driven portfolio features passive components such as ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, as well as magnetics, high-frequency, and piezo and protection devices. The product spectrum also includes sensors and sensor systems such as temperature and pressure, magnetic, and MEMS sensors. In addition, TDK provides power supplies and energy devices, magnetic heads and more. These products are marketed under the product brands TDK, EPCOS, InvenSense, Micronas, Tronics and TDK-Lambda. TDK focuses on demanding markets in automotive, industrial and consumer electronics, and information and communication technology. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2020, TDK posted total sales of USD 12.5 billion and employed about 107,000 people worldwide.
InvenSense, Inc., a TDK Group company, is a world leading provider of MEMS sensor platforms. InvenSense’s vision of Sensing Everything® targets the consumer electronics and industrial areas with integrated Motion and Sound solutions. InvenSense’s solutions combine MEMS (micro electrical mechanical systems) sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, and microphones with proprietary algorithms and firmware that intelligently process, synthesize, and calibrate the output of sensors, maximizing performance and accuracy. InvenSense’s motion tracking, audio and location platforms, and services can be found in Mobile, Wearables, Smart Home, Industrial, Automotive, and IoT products. In May of 2017, InvenSense became part of the MEMS Sensors Business Group within the newly formed Sensor Systems Business Company of TDK Corporation. InvenSense is headquartered in San Jose, California and has offices worldwide. For more information, go to www.invensense.tdk.com.