7-Axis, High Performance Integrated 6-Axis Inertial and Barometric Pressure Sensor
The ICM-20789 is a 7-axis Motion Tracking device that combines a 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, a pressure sensor, and a Digital Motion Processor™ (DMP) in a 4 mm x 4 mm x 1.365 mm (24-pin LGA) package. This unique device offers performance of discrete parts in a single efficient package for tracking rotational and linear motion as well as relative elevation change for a wide range of applications. The pressure sensor is based on capacitive technology with excellent temperature stability as opposed to the more common resistive sensing. Along with very low noise and accurate relative pressure sensing, it offers very accurate tracking of elevation change to complement motion tracking via its six-axis sensor.
- Large 4 KB FIFO reduces traffic on the serial bus interface
- Gyroscope programmable FSR of ±250 dps, ±500 dps, ±1000 dps, and ±2000 dps
- Accelerometer with Programmable FSR of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g, and ±16g
- Pressure sensor with absolute accuracy of ±1 hPa (700 hPa –1000 hPa)
- Pressure sensor relative accuracy of ±1 Pa (700 hPa – 1000 hPa)
- Low Noise of 0.85 Pa
ICM-20789 has 16-bit ADC for the 6-axis sensor and 24-bit ADC for the Pressure Sensor, programmable digital filters, two temperature sensors – one each in 6 axis Motion and Pressure sensor. The device features an operating voltage of 1.8V. Communication port includes I2C at 400 kHz.